Custom Search

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

MY (PLE): New Development (Kind of)

I had an appointment with Dr. Sanders (Rheumatologist) as well as the pediatrist Monday March 1, 2010.

My Protein levels were as follows: 
*Total Serum Protein:  4.1
*Albumin:  1.8 (I think).

Anyway that's pretty good for me.  Usually I'm 1.9 and less than 1, respectively.

New Development:

The doctor is interested in weather or not oral antibiotics are contributing to my protein increase.  She said she was going to research my records to find a correlation of protein increase and antibiotics being given at the same time.

If the antibiotics are affecting a change in my protein, I may have a whipples (sp?) disease.  The problem is that diagnosis of this disease requires a small bowel biopsy and I've already had several of them; none of which showed any whipples.

whipples disease is characterized by bacteria in the intestinal walls that can and do cause  a PLE.

I may be looking at more biopsies in the future... ewww.

No comments: