Custom Search

Monday, March 15, 2010

How Can I Find My Miracle?



I pose this question since I can’t tell where my miracle begins, or where it ends. Perhaps my miracle is a sudden, unpredicted, divine intercession, or maybe it’s some combination of events like moves on a chess board that lead to a check mate.

Maybe my miracle will occur at a single moment in time or then again, maybe it lies with a personal decision made with much thought. Either way, It’s entirely possible that my miracle begins with what I thought was a curse, and finally maybe my miracle is the current outcome, or some future benefit.


In truth, though I have faith in my miracle, to answer the question, “How do I find my miracle?” only God knows. My job is to praise Him, and give him the Glory.
Fall 2002, I was diagnosed with idiopathic protein losing enteropathy, something I never heard of, The Doctor at Glenwood Medical Center, West Monroe, Louisiana asked me, “Don’t you eat?”


“Of Course I eat.” I answered.


She said, “You have the serum protein level of a child in an impoverished country.”

So, I spent the next several years in and out of hospitals getting tested out the wazoo, I prayed a lot, I asked for miracles, I promised God I’d do this if He’d do that, and I felt cursed.


Then one night I had to stay over at the hospital. I was placed to spend the night in a room with another patient who seemed to have some minor affliction. He was up, and out of bed from time to time, but slept most of the night.

Something unusual occurred this night: I felt the urge to speak to this man, my room-mate, about Jesus, and I (for whatever reason) failed to do so. The next morning, this man, in the bed not 3 feet from mine, died.


Guiltily, I’ve thought about this often; coming to the conclusion that I should have spoke to the man about Him.
I learned from this that instead of being so worried about my own miracle, I should try being a miracle to others.

No comments: