Custom Search

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fish Believed to Improve Hypoproteinemia and Hypoalbuminemia

Update… 18 Jan 2011


I have been doing very well, fluid (edema) wise, until just recently.


What has changed? My diet has changed somewhat. While doing well, I was eating a lot of fish (tilapia).


I was either grilling filets on the George Forman grill, or I was baking them in the oven on a bed of potatoes cut up like French fries.


I was eating 3 files at a time (for lunch) at least 3 days per week.


My edema was kept in check until a couple weeks after I ran out of fish filets.


Now, my legs are puffed back up with edema at least 2+ pitting; if not 3+.


I can’t say for sure that the fish has been keeping my protein elevated, but my instinct is to believe it.


The reason I didn’t get more fish is lack of money.


Anyway, I have another appointment at the VA hospital in about 2 weeks. I may get admitted again for diuresis, and albumin infusions.

No comments: