Custom Search

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Exercising with hypoproteinemia

I have noticed that when my protein is very low, I don’t have the energy required for maintaining an exercise program. I think the best idea at times like tose is to keep from lying around doing nothing. Stagnation will conspire to atrophy your muscles.

There is a dilemma however. If you have low protein, will muscles atrophy regardless of activity?

I posed this question to a doctor. He told me the type of protein I’m deficient in is not the same protein used in maintaining muscle structure. I’m low in Albumin (a plasma protein).

I say get some exercise. You are still alive aren’t you? If you are laying around doing nothing, only you can change it. Do what you can…do what you are able. it’s that simple.

No comments: