Custom Search

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Budesonide May Treat Idiopathic Protein Losing Enteropathy, possible hypoprotein treatment

BUDESONIDE may be treating my protein losing enteropathy.  According to Drugs.com, the Pharmacology associated with Budesonide is the following:  "Exhibits wide range of inhibitory activities against multiple cell types and mediators involved in allergic-mediated inflammation."  Additionally, this drug is a corticosteroid. 

My doctor says in capsul form it is mainly active in the gut and the side effects "hopefully" wont be as severe as prednisone - another corticosteroid. (I took prednisone and the side effects sucked).
Here is a link to Budesonide on drugs .com.  Get way more technical info:  CLICK HERE!!!


Read more: http://www.drugs.com/ppa/budesonide.html#ixzz0sSGQzXdk

I say this because I’ve been taking the drug for about 2 weeks straight and have noticed marked decrease in my edema. My weight has increased (over all) because I’ve been exercising, weight training and I believe, I’ve put on 30 pounds of muscle in the past 2 months.

When I began taking Budesonide, I took it at the prescribed dose of 3 caps daily. The first day I took them, I experienced severe abdominal pains which lasted several hours.

I was subsequently hospitalized (for another reason) and took no further budesonide for some time.

When I restarted the budesonide, I took one caplet and experienced no pains. The next day I went to 2 pills. I felt some mile abdominal pains lasting only a few minutes.

So, with the okay from my doctor, I began the 2 caps per day regimen, despite the originally prescribed 3 per day.

This is the prescription as it is on the bottle:

BUDESONIDE 3MG EC CAP - TAKE 3 CAPSULES BY MOUTH DAILY

No comments: