Custom Search

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

So Far, 112 posts Containing Intimate Knowledge of my Hypoproteinemai Struggle

Most of the time, medical information found on the internet is cold, sterilized  and hard to understand.  


That said, the idea for this blog came when I couldn’t find real life accountings of what it means to live with hypoproteinemia.


I’d ask the doctor for a prognosis, and get, “With your particular condition, Protein Losing Enteropathy, we just don’t have enough information to know what to tell you.”


I found this hard to believe. I asked them to make an educated guess as to my prognosis, and they wouldn't give me one.


You would think that if they know the function of proteins within the body, they would be able to surmise what might  happen to me in the future, but they wouldn't.


So, I’ve been keeping this blog; a journal of sorts to document my various treatments as well as side effects, successes, failures, and general experiences that have arisen due to this condition.


If you came here looking for information about hypoproteinemia, the kind of information that might benefit you or someone you love, feel free to look through the links on the right hand side of the page or go through my archives.


I do have a medical background, so I was able to keep pretty good accountings of medications took and their relative effect on me.


I discuss Albumin replacement therapy, cytoxan, prednisone, other  drugs, diagnostic procedures, doctors, nurses, medical mistake avoidance, and a lot more.


The only problem with this ‘blog’ format is that my ability to subject index is difficult.  So for you, finding specific information can be difficult.


If you are looking for specific information, use the search box on the top left corner of this page. If your search terms don't work, try substituting other words and search again.


In addition to low-protein specific topics covered, this blog, also  covers topics that could be helpful to patients of other chronic illnesses. 


I have even posted videos explaining some symptoms related to edema, my own diagnosis, and more.


Thanks for visiting, and I hope this blog is of help to you.


Regards;


Daniel Taverne

No comments: