Custom Search

Monday, December 27, 2010

Indications of Higher Protein Levels - Update

As noted in earlier posts, my weight is a good indicator of my protein level. If my albumin is low, my weight increases over time due to edema.


Inversely, when my albumin is higher, my weight (edema) decreases..


I believe my weight is dropping significantly right now, so my protein must be up. 22 days ago I weighed 199 pounds. Yesterday, I weighed 176.


Also, since I’ve been ill, I notice I have no hair on my legs after a long period of time with low protein. Then, as my weight begins to decrease due to an increase of protein, hair begins growing on my legs again.


Another more personal way I can tell my protein level may be on the rise is sexual arousal. I’ve noticed this aroused state more frequently lately.


Medication changes: I was taking Budesonide 1 cap every day. I decreased this to every other day.


Diet change: Over the past week, I’ve increased my fish intake significantly.


Dec 6-11 I was in the hospital getting albumin infusions and Lasix tid (three times a day) q8


The week I came home, I changed that budesonide dose. That week, my weight started creeping back up.


Then, I broke my leg on Dec-19. It seemed that immediately following that event, I began feeling less edemic.

No comments: