Custom Search

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Health Update

I've been feeling pretty poorly the last few days.  It started with a pretty bad sore throat which has gone away.  But it didn't just go away, the illness moved into my head and chest.  Arrgh!  I can't stand colds.

I have a full prescription of Doxycycline hyclate that I'm going to start taking.

Hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.

As far as my hypoproteinemia symptoms, they are on the stronger side.  I feel pretty bloated.  My edema is pretty high now. 

At the beginning of the year, I weighed less than 130 pounds.  I am now up to 185 at least..  I'm hoping my eating hasn't resulted in much of that weight being fat instead of fluid.

I know some of the weight is muscle thoug because I've been exercising all summer.  Some of the nurses at the hospital the last time I was there were making comments like, "Look at Mr. Taverne... all buff!"  And, "Boy you been working ou. t huh?"

I didn't know working out would make my butt bigger.  I can't fit into my 140 lb pants anymore.  Ane, I'm not happy about that.

I'll stop typing now.  I hope you, where ever you are, are doing well.  Please feel free to post comments.  If you want I'll share your story here.

1 comment:

Ayurved Science Forum said...

Fennel seed tea helps to reduce bloating. Addition of dry ginger in tea is useful. Hot constitution persons should begin with lesser quantity of ginger. Chewing small piece of fresh giner + salt before meals helps. Salt + Ajwain ( bishop's weed, in Indian shops) helps. Powder of cumin may be added to soups or pasta, if flavour is agreeable. When appetite, digestion and bowel movements are fine, then veg/ animal proteins, dates, milk solids and dry fruit named Charoli/ Chironji = Buchanania lanzan ( Indian shop) can be consumed for weight gain.