Custom Search

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Update - Albumin & Total Serum Protein is Up! Why?

Considering the fact that I was just in the hospital about 50 days ago, I'm doing remarkably well.

Prior to that hospitalization, my doctor and I decided I'd try a medicine that acted 'like' spironalactone, but didn't have the hypotesterone side effects.

A few weeks after that change, my protein began slipping to a low of .8 for Albumin and 1.1 for total serum protein.

I had anasarca, weighing 194 pounds upon admission to the hospital for diuresis, and was discharged 5 days later weighing 173 pounds.

Sinse that discharge, I've maintained a low edema-weight of about 175 to 180, and I attribute this stability to the resumption of the spironalactone.... and so does my doctor.

Now, If you are interested in my story; my trials and tribulations, its all in this blog.  Use the link list in the sidebar to find a topic.  After clicking, scroll down through titles till you see one that interests you.

I have many articles here related to my contition, and many still related to chronic illness and the medical community as a whole.

No comments: