Custom Search

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Message from Daniel Taverne (Blog Owner)

A Protein losing enteropathy (hypoproteinemia) is pretty tough to deal with. I know what it’s like to attend family functions only to lay on the couch with my legs elevated while everyone else visits having a great time.


I understand the feeling of not being able to eat because food in my stomach, and excess fluid in my belly makes it hard to breath.

This is why it’s so important for people like us to grab onto the moments when we feel pretty good. Since they are few, We know that such moments are not to be wasted.


Maybe you are chronically ill with another affliction, this applies to you too. Actually, this is just as important for the perfectly healthy, though they may not realize it.


Is this an advantage we have over them; that We learn the value of moments?


I saw a TV show this week where a man told a woman to take pictures of moments, not people.  That’s what we need to do. We all need to pay attention to (and value) moments...Even in the midst of illness.

No comments: