Custom Search

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Amazing Update: Reclast is possible source of Protein Improvement

I expressed my apprehension about being infused with the drug, Reclast.  This drug, taken to increase bone density, also has some complicating side-effects, one of which is osteonecrosis.

If I have to have a tooth extracted after taking this infusion, I might experience my jaw not healing... and possible jaw-bone death!

So, I was extremely hesitant to take this drug and consciously or unconsciously, avoided this for as long as possible.    I finally 'bit the bullet' and got the drug a few weeks ago.

Approximately 3 days later, I noticed my wedding rign was much looser.  It was loose to the point that it fell off into the bottom of the deep-freezer while reaching for something.

So, I weighed myself.  My weight decreased 15 pounds from what it was at the doctor's office.

I also noticed an energy increase.

I called my doctor and informed her of the new changes.  She said that it was "interesting" because Reclast has some T-Cell effects similar to Humera; which seemed to help me for a time.  I had to discontinue Humera because of some negative side effects.

 The bottom line is that for my idiopathic Protein losing enteropathy, one medicine, Reclast, may be helping with two problems.  

I'll let you know how long these positive effects last.


No comments: