Custom Search

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Effects of Low Protein on Hair Growth

      These are not my legs
I have experienced hair growth changes that vary with my protein levels.


When my Albumin is less than 1, for instance, I seem to lose the hair on my legs, and my facial hair as well as the hair on the top of my head seems to grow slower.


When my Albumin increases to 1.7 or more, I begin to notice stubble on my legs.


I have never been an excessively hairy fellow, but prior to my hypoalbuminemia medical condition I did have hairy legs. I’m a guy, and I don’t shave them, but for the longest time, my legs have been bald.


Now that my Albumin level is above 1.5, I’m noticing lower leg hair growth and I kind of like seeing it.


I started taking a drug called Spironolactone last spring, and since, my albumin has seemed to remain above 1.5.

No comments: