Custom Search

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Study - Curb Overeating with Protein-Rich Breakfasts

If you want to stay healthy, researchers at MissourUniversity are suggesting that regularly eating protein-rich breakfasts keeps you satisfied and wards off overeating... read full story. <---LINK



My Comments:

Many people with hypoproteinemia are subject to hyperlipidemia (hign levels of fats in our blood).  I, for example, have high cholesterol and triglycerides). 

So if I follow the advice indicated in the above study, I'll consider what kinds of proteins I consume. 

Bacon is a protein food, but it also has a high fat content.  Sure, I might eat a slice of bacon every once in a while, but that is not going to be what I turn to to increase  my protein intake.

I may, for example, add some egg-whites to my scrambled eggs.  Egg whites are high-protein, but low cholesterol.

I may consume a protein supplement such as a soy-protein powder mixed into my orange juice.
I think it would be okay to increase protein, provided it isn't a high fat/cholesterol protein.

What are your thoughts?

The article referred to in this post was a headline located in the right side-bar of this blog.  The headlines are updated daily, so bookmark this site and come back often.

No comments: